Wednesday, April 2, 2014

DAY - 162+163

Yesterday, I had another little twist of fate/"only in Nashville" moments.  While subbing at a local High School, I struck up a conversation with one of the other teachers.   We chatted for a few minutes, making small talk, and I told her my story about moving to Nashville to become a full-time songwriter.  She said, "Well, you have to meet (so-and-so) her husband is a big time producer in Nashville.  Let me introduce you!"  Long story short, I'm not going to name names, but he is and I've actually reached out to him before!  Small world.  After making the connection, I decided to send him another email and reach out again.  After all, he's producing one of the albums I'm trying to get a song placed on. :)  

This morning, I woke up to a great text message from co-writer, Jon D'Agostino.  Apparently, "Caught In A Storm" is being considered very strongly to be the first single for a new country artist/former American Idol contestant.   Fingers crossed, more to come on that.  Today, I reached out to another Nashville producer, Mark Wright.  Mark is producing Gary Allen's next record and I pitched him 2 songs for consideration.  Let's keep it going! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment