Friday, April 4, 2014

DAY - 164+165

Spring is in full swing here in Music City.  It is said to be the most beautiful season of the year and I can see why.  The weather is in the 70's, the trees are all blossoming, all types of colorful wild flowers are blooming, and the grass is deep shade of green from all the rain.  Just wrapping up another busy week and looking forward to the weekend.

Tomorrow night, I'm playing a writer's night in Franklin, TN.  This is the one (I've mentioned before) that's held in Terry and Wanda Seay's living room.  Once a month, Terry and Wanda open up their home to songwriters who come and share their music.  They have a beautiful open concept living room with high ceilings and a great Bose PA system.  All the guests bring food/drink and there is always a big hit songwriter to headline the evening.  Tomorrow night is Dave Pahanish.  (written for Toby Keith, Keith Urban, and many others) I'm looking forward to performing some new songs and doing a bit of networking with the other writers.

Yesterday, I had a great recording session with J Fred Knobloch.  We started laying down tracks for our latest song.  Very cool tune.  I'll post as soon as we're done!

Today, I reached out to a few more producers and made some pitches.  A lot of music is being produced right now and a lot of new records are on the way.  I'm trying my best to get in the mix on some of these projects.  Fingers crossed, prayers being said...as always.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment