Monday, March 31, 2014

DAY - 161

The past couple of days have been exciting and totally motivating!  In the past few posts, I've been talking about pitching songs.  Well, it just so happens, I've already received two responses from my pitches!  The A&R teams both "love" the songs I pitched and have asked for more material!!  Totally pumped right now!!   I've been pitching songs independently for over a year now and honestly, this is the first time I've seen this type of response.  I said in my last post,

"I understand my submissions are technically "unsolicited"… meaning, they're coming from an unknown entity as opposed to someone trusted or on the inside.  However, it's better than being totally invisible.  Must be present to win!  You never know who will decide to listen or pay attention on any given day."

Nothing may come of this great response, but at the very least, I am more motivated and validated than I was yesterday.  My friend and co-writer, Kirk Penney and I had a great conversation in which Kirk talked about the "snowball effect" in relation to songwriting.  Building momentum and keeping it going, is essential to experiencing success as both an artist and as a songwriter. (and I'd venture to say that is also true for many disciplines)  This blogging adventure has kept my snowball rolling and growing.  I'm so excited to be on this ride...can't wait to see where it goes.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment