Monday, April 7, 2014

DAY - 166

Hope you had a great weekend!  Saturday night was amazing!  As I was saying on Friday, I played a writer's in Franklin, TN.  Hit songwriters, Dave Pahanish, Jonathan Singleton and Brad Tursi headlined the night.  One word...incredible!  They shared hits they've had with artists like, Tim McGraw, Toby Kieth, Keith Urban, David Nail, Josh Turner, Kenny Chesney and more.  It was like a master class on songwriting...educational, motivating and inspiring.  After they were done playing my wife, Sue and I stuck around to make conversation.  I have to give BIG props to my wifey.  She struck up a convo with each of them and ended up introducing me! Lol!  New manager?!   Looking forward to seeing these guys again.  They're probably more interested in seeing my wife ;)

Rainy day Monday, back to the grind.  Today, I find myself at a local high school substitute teaching for a chemistry teacher.   Do I know anything about chemistry?  No. (Apologies to my 11th grad chem teacher, Dr. Wisniewski) Thankfully, the teacher has left some handy dandy worksheets. :)  Beautiful school, nice students, not a bad way to start the week.  Especially since I've already had a few breaks in the schedule.  Perfect for being productive!

Today, I reached out to Mark Brown from Round Hill Music Publishing to schedule a meeting.  (Refer to DAY - 151-153) I also pitched Kenny Chesney's team and up-and-comer, JT Hodge's team.  I heard back immediately from Chesney's producer...letting me know they're done recording the upcoming album and no longer listening for songs.  Oh well.  We'll get 'em next time.  :)

Busy week ahead. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment