Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DAY - 158

Yesterday, was the last ASCAP Country Songwriting workshop and it ended in true Nashville fashion.  Everyone brought a song and 20 copies of the lyric and we went around the room listening/critiquing everyone's songs.  This was truly a talented batch of people!  I heard some very strong material and some talented singers.  I, nervously, played my newest demo,"Caught In A Storm". To my surprise, it went over great!  Odie actually pulled me aside afterwards to express how much he dug it!  Sweet!  I'm confident in my writing, but I never know how other people are going to receive it.  That was the cherry on the top of a great 4 week workshop.  Thanks to LeAnn Phelan and ASCAP for inviting me to be a part of it!

Speaking of talent, not only was the workshop informative, but I met some super talented folks that I look forward to working with in the future.  More to come!

Today, I pitched Dustin Lynch, "Beach Town". (written w/ Jon D'Agostino and Jim Huff)  The time is now to pitch summer songs and I'm going to take full advantage!  I reached out to both his A&R and producer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment