Monday, March 10, 2014

DAY - 145+146

Great weekend!  Last night, I played a killer set at Bluebird Cafe's Sunday Writer's Night.   I rolled up to the parking lot around 7:30pm and the line at the door was already around the block!   The room was packed as usual, but last night's crowd was an especially high-spirited bunch.  I was the second writer to hit the stage.  I played two brand new songs and one that I haven't performed in a while.  The crowd reception was incredible!  I really feel like I connected with everyone in the room.  Overall, I met a lot talented people and made some new contacts!

Speaking of brand new songs, you can check out one of the new songs I played last night!  Here's the finished demo of Old Beach Town!  Written with fellow New Jersey native and future hit-maker, Jon D'Agostino as well as California songwriter/producer, Jim Huff.  The track was produced by Jason Garner and Beau Fuller is singing.  Hope you enjoy!

Today, I reached out to Bluebird to book another writer's night.  Hoping to have a date soon!

In other news, everything is officially signed so I can announce the song placement details from a month back.  Co-writer, Kirk Penney and I landed a song placement in a Canadian movie called "A Daughter's Nightmare".  (if you're bored, you can google it and find a bunch of info) The movie will air in Canada as well as on the Lifetime Network in the US.  Let me know if you see it!! :)

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment