Friday, March 28, 2014

DAY - 159+160

Pitching, pitching and more pitching!  That's what I've been up to the last couple days.  I pitched Billy Currington's team, Little Big Town's team, and I even re-pitched Rascal Flatts' team.  I understand my submissions are technically "unsolicited"… meaning, they're coming from an unknown entity as opposed to someone trusted or on the inside.  However, in my opinion, it's better than being totally invisible.  Must be present to win!  Whether it's going to a show, attending a workshop, pitch session, or attempting to connect via the web.  You never know who will decide to listen or pay attention on any given day.

This week is Tin Pan South.  A week long celebration of the songwriter.  Every venue is packed with hit writers and artists performing their songs for eager fans and colleagues.  I know I've said this before but… only in Nashville.  I've tried to get in to a few places and have failed miserably.  Next year, I will definitely purchase the "fast pass" which gets you to the front of the line at every venue.  Last night, I tried to see the Peach Pickers (Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, Ben Hayslip) at 3rd and Lindsley, but the line was around the block and it was pouring rain!  Checked out a few other spots and wound up at South to see one of the former members of the band, Nine Days. (remember them??  "It's the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world…")  Had a great night with friends and  ended up meeting some cool new people.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment