Wednesday, March 19, 2014

DAY - 151-153

Whew...crazy couple of days.  And by crazy I mean great!  I've got some stories to tell! Where to start??

I spent most of the day on Monday demoing 2 new songs here at my little apartment studio.  Taught a few lessons, then had a skype write with Jon D'Agostino to put the finishing touches on a new song we're recording tomorrow.  Really cool tune!  Can't wait for you to hear the demo.  Ok, that was Monday now the week starts to heat up...

Yesterday, I had a great writing session with Megan Redmond in the morning.  From there, I headed straight over to the ASCAP workshop.  (Country songwriting workshop I'm doing every Tuesday night in March)  The guest speaker of the night was Mark Brown from Round Hill Publishing.  Mark is a successful, veteran music publisher.  Round Hill is a boutique publishing company with offices in Nashville, New York and LA.  They handle everything from Country to Electronica.  Here's where the story gets good.  Let me first note that I could not find a parking spot at ASCAP and had to park a few blocks down an alley behind Music Row.  After the workshop, I stuck around a bit to network and chat with some of the other songwriters.  As I walk out the door and proceeded down the alley to my car, who is behind me but publisher, Mark Brown!  Seems as though he didn't get a parking spot either and we ended up parking in the same area.  So I kept walking and ignored him... what!?!  Did you think I was serious? ;)  You better believe I took advantage of this small twist of fate.  I struck up conversation and by the end of it, I wound up with his card and instructions to email him to set up a meeting. Only in Nashville!!  After the workshop, it was straight to J Fred Knobloch's to start demoing our new song.  Great day/night of music!

Onto this morning.  I'm just coming out of a fantastic meeting with Cal 4 Publishing!  I met with Creative Director, Carrie Gallo.  I came in with 5 songs on a CD and played one more live.  I know the meeting went well because she asked me to send her more material!  Will do :)

More to come this week.  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment