Thursday, March 6, 2014

DAY - 143 + 144

Yesterday,  Sue and I decided to catch a show at a locally famous original music club called, The Basement.  The Basement is your quintessential, divey, rock club and yes, it is literally in the basement of a building. (Actually there's a killer record store that sits above called Grimey's)  Low ceilings, exposed pipes, cement floor, brick walls, cheap beer and GREAT sound.

We went to check out Hailey Steele.  Hailey also teaches at Pro Music Academy and we met last week at the showcase.   She is a fantastic singer and songwriter who writes for BMG and also happened to be a contestant on The Voice.  If you're not familiar with her stuff, check her out!

Today,  I just sent an email to Ben Strain, Creative Director at Ole Music Publishing in Nashville.  Like I had mentioned in February, I think Ole would be a great company to get a foot in the door.

Coming up...

I'm playing the Sunday Writer's Night at Bluebird Cafe this Sunday!  I'm looking forward to playing some new songs for the first time.  If you're in town, come hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment