Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DAY - 77

Trying my best not to fall behind.  It's been a hectic start to the week.  This blog post will cover yesterday Monday, November 18th.

I had a great weekend/monday of writing and recording.  I worked with two great songwriters one of whom has been a co-writer of mine for over a year and the other was a first time write.  Both were great sessions!  On Sunday I wrote with new friend and co-writer, Brad Oliver.  Brad is fantastic vocalist and producer, best known for his rock stylings with Rose For Apollo.  Besides having an artist career, Brad is an all around great writer.  Not to mention, an awesome guy.  We had a productive first session and looking forward to working a lot more in the future.

Yesterday's session was with Canadian/Nashville songwriter, Kirk Penney.  As usual, Kirk and I had a killer session in which we finished the majority of a new song.  Btw, apologies for not posting any new demos lately...more to come soon.

To back track even more, Saturday I had the very talented Megan Redmond come to my studio to lay down vocals for a "female version" of the jingles I've been working on.  Speaking of which, tonight I need to finish those up because the company is making the pitch on Monday.  Fingers crossed they dig my work.

Some bad news... I heard back from producer, Carson Chamberlain (refer to day 74)  regarding the songs I pitched for Easton Corbin's latest project.  He thanked me for sending the songs but said he was going to pass.  Oh well,  at least he got back to me. lol!  Back on the horse.

Speaking of back on the horse.  Today I pitched Josh Turner.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Alright I have to skype in for my seminar class in  6 minutes.  More to come tomorrow.  I need t make up for one day worth of networking still!


No comments:

Post a Comment