Tuesday, November 12, 2013

DAY - 72+73

Apologies for the delay on yesterday's post.  It was nonstop day.

DAY - 72
After student teaching, I hopped in the car and headed straight to a writing session.  Yesterday afternoon/evening I had my first session with Tammy Jacobs.  Tammy is a published staff writer with  AWMG entertainment.  She is predominantly a lyricist and a very talented one, as I found out in our session.  I've never worked with a lyricist before but I have to say, it was a lot of fun!  For once, I could take my mind off the lyric and concentrate the majority of my efforts on music and melody.  Talk about team work.  Not to mention, we came into the session on the same page idea-wise.  After chatting a bit, Tammy brought up the fact that I just got married and thought it'd be cool to write something along those lines.  So happens... I had just the right hook stored away.  Love when it's that easy.  Needless to say, the session went great and we finished the majority of a new tune.  Looking forward to finishing it up at our next session.

After writing with Tammy, I hopped back in the car, picked up Sue and we headed downtown to check out Whiskey Jam at Winners Bar.  It was packed!!  Whiskey Jam is a high energy writer's night in which both artists and writers perform solo or even with a band.  Sue and I met up with some friends  and had a great time checking out the scene.  Hoping to get a spot on the Whiskey Jam line up soon!

DAY - 73
Today I reached out to the super talented, Dana Parish.  Dana is a songwriter and an artist doing some amazing things. What do I mean by amazing things?  How 'bout 2 songs on the latest Celine Dion record!  Just released on November 5th.   We actually share a couple pretty cool connections.  1) We both studied under the same vocal coach, the incredible, Paul Adkins.  2) We both had our first song recorded by the same person...my father, Mr. Bud Walton. :)  I'm not kidding...check out the article HERE

Pretty cool.  Anyway, I sent Dana an email congratulating her and her husband for all the recent success.  I also let her know that if they we're planning on coming to Nashville...please let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment