Wednesday, November 6, 2013

DAY - 69

Are you watching the CMA's??  Fantastic this year... IMHO.  Love the two little girls Lennon & Maisy from the show Nashville.  They are going to be super-stars.  Not to mention, they have the sister connection so their harmonies are incredibly tight.  And Dave Grohl with Zac Brown Band!!? Amazing!

What a day!  Where to begin?  At lunch I got in touch with co-writer and Nashville hit songwriter J Fred Knobloch regarding pitching Kenny Chesney and Alan Jackson our newest song.  The demo is pretty much finished and sounding great! (I will post for your listening pleasure asap)  Fred got back to me letting me know he'll be making the pitches.  Fred, basically a house hold name in Nashville, has a much better shot of getting our song the attention it deserves. Fingers crossed, prayers being said.

 I've been making pitches lately and it's been cool so far, but yesterday I got an email back from Big Machine letting me know that my unsolicited material will not be considered or even given a listen.  Well, thank you very much.  No, I'm kidding...I figured that would happen eventually.   It's pretty common for labels to not accept unsolicited music.  They usually want it to be delivered by a publisher, A&R rep or someone they know.  Ok so...I just need a back door.

I got home from student teaching around 5pm and I hit the studio right away.  I was just asked to do another jingle for Stream Companies in PA!  The jingle is for a big regional car dealership with locations all over NJ and PA.  Tonight I was able to knock out one version.  Hoping they dig it!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment