Monday, November 4, 2013

DAY - 67

Yeah the extra hour of sleep was great, but getting dark at 5:30pm sucks.  It's only 6:51pm cst and I swear it feels like 10pm.  Anyway, hope you had a great weekend!  Mine flew by.  The writer's round on Saturday night was awesome!  Since I was the newbie, I went first.  Not the best time slot of the night but there was a good crowd by the time my round started.  Not to toot my own horn...but... the set went over GREAT!  A bunch of audience members and other songwriters came up to me afterwards wanting to exchange info and find out where they can see me play again.  I have to admit, it felt good.  It's been a while since I've played a writer's round so this was a nice boost of confidence.  The hosts, Terry and Wanda invited me to play anytime I'm available.  Woo hoo!   Not only did the set go over well but I met some very talented writers as well.  I'm looking forward to connecting!

Today I pitched Tim McGraw "20/20".   I was able to get the info for both his A&R and his management. (Big Machine & Red Light Management) and decided to make the pitch.  Tim McGraw ISN'T someone I was initially thinking about pitching 20/20, however, his latest hits have been leaning heavy on the country/pop side. (Highway Don't Care, Felt Good On My Lips, Southern Girls)
We shall see.  As always, fingers crossed and prayers being said.  Maybe we can sneak one through :)

Cheers to new week!


No comments:

Post a Comment