Thursday, June 21, 2012

DAY - 246

Finished working up a little acoustic/vocal rough demo of the new song I wrote with Heather Longstaffe.  Just emailed it to Heather today.  Since I'm back in NJ we can't get together to iron out song details so we'll have to rely on good ole Skype.   I won't be recording the full demo at my studio so the plan for this sorta thing is to get everything (lyrics, melody, rhythms, etc.) as tight and perfect as possible before sending to the producer.  I'm also thinking a demo singer will be beneficial for this song.  My voice sounds cool on it if we were pitching Pop or Country Pop, but I don't want to limit our pitches and I'm really picturing a  more "country" sounding lead vocal with character as well as a bit of a tongue and cheek performance. More like a Luke Bryan or Billy Currington, maybe even Trace Adkins type of thing.  More to come on that.

Today I submitted to another listing on Taxi.com.  I submitted "I Kinda Like It" If you haven't heard this demo yet, check it out...its a great sounding recording we had done in Philly. I wrote it with Sweet Angeline and the Liv Devine band played on the recording.  http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/i-kinda-like-it 


Here's what the listing said...

PLAYFUL, UPTEMPO COUNTRY POP SONGS in the range of Taylor Swift, Kellie Pickler, Carrie Underwood, Ashton Shepard, etc., needed by the OWNER of an Indie Label looking for a BREAKOUT SINGLE for a newly signed young Country Trio. Songs submitted should have STRONG melodic sensibility, MEMORABLE lyrics, and share the current Pop Country appeal of the referenced artists. QUOTING THE SOURCE: " Lyrics must be age appropriate - no drinking, no lost love. The girls are in their early teens and the songs need to reflect that. Also, we're not looking for Gospel or Christian themes." Songs MUST have BIG melodic chorus hooks, with a cohesive structure, and youth oriented lyrics that are HAPPY and FUN. UPTEMPO preferred, NO ballads. FEMALE vocals ONLY! Harmonies welcome! Vocal and instrumental demo presentation must be top-notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment