Monday, June 11, 2012

DAY - 238

Just arrived in good ole Nash-vegas last night around 7pm!  Just a quick side-note for those who care... The wedding in Asheville was absolutely gorgeous!  Dare I say, perfect?  Well, I couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding.  Not to mention, ALL the extravagant decorations we're hand-made by the bride! Thought this was worth taking a brief departure from music to share :)   Here's some pictures but they really don't even do it justice...





Alright, back to Nashville.  Like I said, we arrived last night around 7pm, immediately got changed and headed straight out to the famous Bluebird Cafe.  It was writer's night at the Bluebird featuring legendary Nashville songwriter, Tony Arata. (happens to be good friends with J Fred Knobloch.. small world in deed)  Tony, besides being an inspiring performer himself,  has had countless cuts by various artists including Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Reba, Patty Loveless, ect, ect...but his biggest cut to date is a little song called "The Dance" by Garth Brooks!!  You can check out his site here www.tonyarata.com
Anyway, after the show I waited around a bit until some people cleared out and I decided to introduce myself to Tony.  I shook his hand, told him my name, and let him know I'm a friend and co-writer of Fred Knobloch.  To my surprise, he knew exactly who I was!!!  He went on to say that Fred showed him "Heart On A String" about a month ago, and he "loved it"!  Said it was a fantastic song and really refreshing.  He was legitimately excited about it and said it was a pleasure to meet me...me?  Its a pleasure to meet you!  Hah, what a way to start the trip.  I love this town.

Sooo today I sent Tony a brief email to follow up.  Thanked him for the great show and let him know I'd love to get together next time I'm in town.  Really hoping to keep in touch and make this connection grow.

Another piece of good news.  I heard back from Downtown Music Publisher, Jeremy Yohai today. (refer to day 237)  He really liked "Love Takes Work"!  To be specific he said its a really solid song and I should definitely pitch it while I'm in Nashville.  Definitely pumped he digs the song.  Just gives me an extra bit of confidence while making pitches.

I'm headed to Bluebird again tonight to try and secure a spot in their open mic.  That's it for today.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment