Friday, June 8, 2012

DAY - 236 + 237

Apologies for the delay.  Spent all day driving in the car yesterday to Asheville, NC.  (My girlfriend Sue and I are in Asheville for a couple days for her best friend's wedding before shipping out to Nashville on Sunday)  This is my first time in Asheville and I can't even express how cool this town is!  Its a "crunchy" little, mini-city, nestled in the blue ridge mountains of North Carolina.  Chock full of great restaurants, microbreweries, shops and magnificent views.  Perfect setting for a beautiful wedding!  If you've never been, its definitely worth the trip.

Yesterday I was able to send some emails to Barbara Cloyd and Steve Goodie. (Both of whom, host writer's nights at the famous Bluebird Cafe in Nashville)  I reached out to Barbara and Steve to see if I can hop on any performance opportunities while I'm in town.  Kinda last minute, but we'll see.

Presently, I just dropped Sue off at a bridal brunch and found this eclectic, little, coffee shop called "World Coffee". (they're blasting some sitar-driven Indian music right now...pretty cool) Believe it or not, I had to walk around for a while to find a place with decent wi-fi!  I decided to reach out to Downtown Music Publisher, Jeremy Yohai.   I emailed Jeremy a copy of "Love Takes Work"  to get his opinion before I start presenting it in Nashville.  Also, wanted to stay on the radar.  In the back of my head, I'm thinking... if he digs it, he might know someone in Nashville I can play it for...but again, we'll see.

Hope you have a beautiful weekend!  Stay safe and enjoy. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment