Thursday, June 14, 2012

DAY - 240

Apologies for the delay...just got myself to some free wi-fi.  Here's what happened yesterday (Wednesday, June 13th)

Oh wait... hold up a second... I forgot to mention, Tuesday night I got engaged!!!!  Yes its true, Tuesday I proposed to Susan, my beautiful girlfriend of 4 years, at Arrington Vineyards winery in TN.  We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.  Sun was shining, cool breeze blowing, sitting on a tree swing on top of a mountain winery. (wow, maybe I should write a song)  Well, if anyone is wondering she said YES!  woo hooo!  After 4 years of calling her my 'girlfriend'  you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get used to saying 'fiance' lol!  But nonetheless, it feels amazing to finally say it :)

Back to Nashville.  RoLLeRcoAsTeR ride of a day yesterday!  I had a 10am meeting with ASCAP rep, Ryan Beuschel, that didn't go as well as planned.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't horrible.  He said and I quote, "Your songs are really good, but some of them are not at the lyrical level of Nashville hit songs. Your images need to be fresher and the way you say things needs to be even more unique."  So, like I said earlier, Ryan is a tough critic!  That being said, I think he's genuinely looking out for my best interest for pursuing a career in song writing.  Again that being said,  the sting of rejection still sucks...a lot.

I said roller coaster ride because later that day I met with EMI songwriter, Heather Longstaffe and we wrote a killer song, start to finish, in about 3 hours!! Heather is SUPER-TALENTED and a really easy to write with. check her out here www.heatherlongstaffe.com  I brought an idea to the table that I thought she would dig and she did.  We dug into it and wrote a Billy Currington, Luke Bryan type song that's totally sexy and a lot of fun.  Guaranteed to make you smile...or blush.  We're planning on doing a demo asap.  I have contact with Luke Bryan's management now, so I can make some pitches.  Heather has a Pub deal so if her publisher digs the song, they'll be making pitches on it as well!  Sooo... we will see!

Later that night, I went to J Fred's studio for a recording/mixing session.  Great night!  I'll be able to post those new song demos soon.

Alright that's it for yesterday...let's take a bite out of today.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment