Friday, June 15, 2012

DAY - 241+242

This post will cover yesterday, Thursday June, 14 and today Friday, June 15.

Yesterday was a great day.  A couple small successes came my way.  I got an email from Nashville publisher/songplugger Shane Barrett.  He said he wants to hook me up to co-write with some of the hit writers he works with!!   AMAZING little email.  That means by setting me up with some of his writers, he's giving me the opportunity to write a song that he'll start pitching.  Very exciting and a little nerve racking. Gotta nail this one.  Emailed him back today thanking him for the opportunity and looking forward to getting it together next time I'm in town.  More to come on that!

Last night, Sue, Mark (Sue's brother) and I went out for drinks with an up and coming Nashville producer/engineer named Tommy Carnes and his wife Lauren.  Amazing people and a fantastic night filled with some of the best cocktails I ever had!  (We went to a funky, little, speakeasy, called Holland House where the bartender was a true star.  Everything he served was top of the top shelf, fresh ingredients, and interesting combinations that for a ridiculously memorable cocktail) Tommy is an awesome engineer/producer and we talked trying to work together for the greater good.  Not to mention, just great people to have met before Sue and I officially make the move down here.

Today I just got a message back from Taxi.com.  They're forwarding "Bass Drum" to the music supervisor of a Major TV Network for consideration on a TV show!  Great news... now we sit and wait to hear back lol :)  

-I sent an email to EMI songwriter, Heather Longstaffe to follow up. Looking forward to demoing our new song and writing again.

-Right now we're getting ready to have drinks with J Fred Knobloch.

-Another random blind date (so to speak) tonight!  Sue, Mark and I are meeting a Canadian songwriter named Kirk Penney and his wife for dinner and drinks.  We randomly met Kirk yesterday while looking at a new condo complex in the city.  We got to talking and it turns out he's looking to move to Nashville as well.  We exchanged info and he emailed me about getting together...so we are!


No comments:

Post a Comment