Saturday, March 24, 2012

DAY - 183

Apologies for the delay...this blog post covers yesterday: Friday, March 23rd

Power packed day! Started off with a 9am recording session.  Ian Brick, a fantastic guitarist and bass player came to the studio to record bass on a new demo I'm producing with Sweet Angeline.  In no time at all, he laid down some amazing parts that fit the song perfectly.  If anyone reading needs guitar or bass work done, I will gladly recommend Ian for the job!  

Also, pertaining to the same demo, I just received a pedal steel guitar part via email straight from Nashville!  (That's right, I said via email)  I was able to connect with Jason Roller, owner of Magic Shack Demos in Nashville. I emailed him a rough mix mp3 file of our demo, gave him a little direction,  and he recorded a killer pedal steel part on the song and emailed it back to me... he literally nailed it!  Exactly what I was looking for.  I said it before, but I'll say it again...aahh the wonders of modern technology.  

I'm so glad I made this connection with Jason.  Now anytime I need an authentic 'country' sounding instrument (fiddle, pedal steel, banjo, mandolin, etc) I can get it done perfectly without wasting any of my time on the phone trying to find musicians or in the studio recording the part.  Its like finding another great piece to the puzzle.   Can't wait to get this new one finished up so you can hear it.  Stay tuned!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment