Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DAY - 171

I am presently sitting in National Park Elementary school observing the music classes.  (requirement for my grad program at Uarts)  I have an hour break so I figured I try to get something done because from here, I go straight to the Conservatory of Musical Arts to teach private guitar/piano lessons til 9pm.  Teaching overload!!  

I managed to read through some listings on Music X Ray, found one I particularly liked and submitted to it.  I sent in "Remember The Summer Nights" (female version) "Remember The Summer Nights" 
to a young music publishing company called Living Wills Music.  These guys are not only young and hungry to get cuts for their writers, but they also have very good taste and know exactly what they're looking for and what the market is looking for.  We'll see if they dig this one.  Here's how the listing read...

Looking for Female Country Songs in the style of Deanna Carter, Sara Evans and The Dixie Chicks
We are looking for some top-notch, commercial female country tunes to add to the Living Wills Music catalog being pitched on Music Row. Publishing must be available.
What we DO WANT TO HEAR: Love songs, story songs, real-life songs and "this is who I am" songs. We want creative ideas/angles and also songs that are "out of the box" while still being commercial. All tempos (but if you're submitting a ballad, know that its got to be amazing!).
What we DON'T WANT TO HEAR: Songs with cliches and ideas that have been written a million times. (We want songs with new concepts). Songs that don't have publishing available.

No comments:

Post a Comment