Thursday, March 15, 2012

DAY - 177


Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.

Wayne Dyer



I was always under the impression that I had to do EVERYTHING myself. (if it was going to be done correctly)  I'm finding now, more than ever, that my outlook was wrong.  The key is to find and work with the 'right' people.  Over the past year, I've begun collaborating with some incredible people.  People who have strengths in areas that I am weaker... people that bring new thoughts and ideas to the table that I would have never thought of.   What I'm finding out is...if you can't do something yourself (in a professional and timely manner) search for someone else who can do it better and team up.  What I'm learning is, I don't HAVE to do everything myself to make it right... furthermore... when I let myself lean on others who are stronger in certain areas, the project ultimately becomes stronger!  Case in point, "Bass Drum".  I came up with the idea for the song, then collaborated with co-writer's Tyler James and Liv Devine and when it came time to produce the demo we found Jeremy Cimino (a fantastic pop producer).  Instead of trying to do the whole thing myself, I brought in other people who ultimately made the end result even better than I initially thought it could be.  I can write and produce tons of different music, but Dance/Pop is by no means my forte.  So adding Jeremy Cimino to the mix gave this project the edge and expertise it needed.  

Anyway, riding the excitement of getting the first draft of the "Bass Drum" demo.  I sent the song to Nashville Hit Songwriter's J Fred Knobloch and Jason Blume.  First off, I want to get their feedback and secondly, I figured there's an off chance that they may know of the perfect Pop act looking for songs.

I also just sent the song to Jake Livingston at Epic Records via Music X Ray.  He's turned down both "I Kinda Like It" and "Cupcakes & Wine" so I figured I'd give it a "3rd time's a charm" try.  We'll see if he bites ;)

Here's where you can check out "Bass Drumhttp://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/bass-drum-ruff-mix

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment