Thursday, March 22, 2012

DAY - 182

Today officially marks the half-way point of my blogging adventure!!  Crazy how fast the days go by.  I'm truly amazed at what can be accomplished within a short period of time if you keep at it everyday!   If you asked me 6 months ago if I thought the doors would be open to be able to pitch songs to artists like Keith Urban I would have said..."yeah, I wish!"  Well, it happened...and its happening every other week!  Now that more and more doors seem to be opening, I have to push even harder to attain that sought after "First Cut" (the first time you land a song on a major artist's album)  And...as we journey into the second half of this blogging adventure...that's exactly what I am going to do.  Wish me luck ;)

In the spirit of kicking things up a notch:

Today I talked to Fred Knobloch who informed me he would be calling Michael Martin at ASCAP Nashville to see if he could start a fire and get some heat behind "Heart On A String".  I submitted "Bass Drum" to the "Xercise Lab"....its a work out company looking to license dance songs for work out music.    I reached out to producer and production company owner, Jake McKim at Birch Street Music.  www.birchstreetmusic.com   Jake does A&R and song consulting for major labels and artists such as Beyonce.  I figured I'd try to connect and see if he digs anything I'm working on.  And last but not least, I contacted Ric Robbins at Incorporated Elements Music.  IEM is a 3 time Grammy nominated production team with tons of placements across the musical spectrum.  I found out that they're looking for new writers to collaborate with, so I sent an email basically stating my goals as a writer and included links to my catalog.  

*Note:  If YOU know someone you think I should contact please let me know and I'll do it the next day!  Here's my email: mynameisaugust@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment