Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DAY - 72

Great day for music!  Woke up early for a Skype writing session with J Fred Knobloch. (Nashville hit Songwriter)  We made some killer edits to the new song we've been writing.  Its shaping up to be a beautifully upbeat and fun tune that just makes you smile.  I think one more session and we'll be ready to figure out demoing details!

Fred also let me know that his meeting with Jim Catino got delayed, but Jim will be previewing 'Cupcakes & Wine' this week! (Refer to last couple days)

Finally!  Someone from ASCAP got back to me. (refer to Day 68)  A rep by the name of Ryan Beuschel.  He emailed me today and I emailed back looking to schedule a meeting for Monday Oct. 24th.  Getting my face and ultimately my music in front of these ASCAP reps can be a HUGE help with making songwriting, publishing, and label connections.  If they like what they hear and believe in your ability, ASCAP reps and publishers really have the power to open doors that are usually locked tight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment