Monday, October 3, 2011

DAY - 58

About a year ago, I was interviewing for music/entertainment marketing jobs in NYC.  After being rejected from every position I applied for, I decided the corporate world wasn't for me and I would go back to school to get my Master's degree in music and focus on becoming a professional songwriter.  Through the interview process, I met a very successful business man named Marcus Peterzell.  Marcus is currently VP of Marketing for a prestigious entertainment marketing firm in New York.  Before this job, however, Marcus was a player in the music biz.  Among many other positions, he actually happened to be manager for the 'The Cure'!

Tonight I emailed Marcus to try and reconnect... I figured I'd let him know what I was up to, send him some links to my stuff, and see if he could lead me anywhere or to anyone.  Shot in the dark, but who knows??  I think that's the beauty of this blog/project... you'll never know if you don't ask.

Alright, feeling inspired...time to do some writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment