Thursday, October 13, 2011

DAY - 68

Hard time getting out of bed this morning, something about consistent rainy weather that makes me want to sleep.  So you'll find its no surprise I am in Starbucks right now, getting my caffeine fix for the day.

So far today I scheduled a writing session with J Fred Knobloch for next Tuesday.  We're going to shoot to tie up the loose ends on the new tune we've been writing.

As I'm typing, I've been on the phone with ASCAP publishing in Nashville trying to schedule a meet and greet with a publisher for Monday, October 24th.  Last time I was in Nashville my team and I had no luck with getting 'one on one face time' with an ASCAP publisher.  Hopefully (now that I can throw around a few names) we'll have more success this time around.  We shall see!

ASCAP is a performing rights society or PRS. Basically a HUGE publishing company with gate keys to the entire music industry.  They also do all the royalty tracking for songs played on TV, film and radio and make sure everyone gets paid accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment