Monday, October 10, 2011

DAY - 65

I got an exciting piece of news today, heres the story...

So about 2 weeks ago..(refer to Day-52) After finding out that country sweetheart, Kellie Pickler, was looking for songs for her next album,  I called Nashville hit songwriter and now a co-writer of mine,
J Fred Knobloch on the chance that he may have a connection to her 'people'. (I 've co-written a song with my country side project, Sweet Angeline, called "Cupcakes and Wine" and I think it would be a smash for Kellie) Anyway, Fred said that he'd make some calls...

Well today, I got an email from Fred letting me know that he will be playing "Cupcakes & Wine" for Jim Catino (Sony Records VP of A&R!!!) in consideration for Kellie's new record.  This is amazing news!  Even if Jim doesn't like it for Kellie, there may be a chance he'll like it in general and possibly for someone else.  Just having your song pitched to the right people is more than half the battle sometimes!  HUGE thanks to Fred!  Lets keep our fingers crossed and say a little prayer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment