Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DAY - 66


You are a finalist! You are a finalist again!?  Amazing news in the form of a phone call from Texas... 

I just received word that I'm a finalist in the Texas Songwriters Cruise song contest. (refer to Day - 42)   
I got a phone call from Lealean Peace, (founder of the song cruise) that my song 'Half the Girl' was chosen as a finalist in the Rock/Alternative category...then...2 minutes later, I got another call from Lealean letting me know that, 'Cupcakes & Wine' was chosen as a finalist in the Country category.  He actually said, I'm the only person to have 2 songs chosen as finalists in 2 different categories!!  This means that both songs will be entered to potentially win the grand prize....http://www.txsongwriterscruise.com/default.asp?p=song-contest  (basically, I'll win a free cruise and a free ticket to all the workshops and the chance to network with some of the top people in the industry)

Lealean told me he really loves the tunes and to call him anytime for questions or anything.  I am freakin' out man.  Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment