Thursday, May 3, 2012

DAY - 212

The new song I wrote with Scot Sax is officially finished.  (Mixed and Mastered by the amazing Barrie Mcguire)  Its a fun & happy, little, reggae infused pop tune called "Partly Cloudy Mostly Funny"  (I had a link up to it a little earlier but unfortunately since its in pitch mode with  publisher I can't have it up for public streaming...my apologies)

Speaking of which... just heard from Scot today.  His publisher gave us the thumbs up on the song and will begin pitching it! :) :)

After getting word from Scot, I sent the song over to EMI music pub, Katie O'Halloran.  Wanted to get her feedback.  Also, I figured you never know, she might be working on a project that could use the song right now.

Also I just submitted to a listing on Taxi.com I submitted my song "Half the Girl"Here's what the listing said...

HOT AC SONGS with MALE VOCALS in the style of The Fray, OneRepublic, The Script, Parachute, etc., needed by the VP of A&R at a Major Label. Songs submitted should be commercially competitive and make an immediate connection with the listener. A FRESH and CONTEMPORARY take on lyrics and melody are essential for this one, so please review the referenced artists before submitting. Your lyrics should be youthful and have hooks that are immediately MEMORABLE and ENGAGING! MALE vocals ONLY! NO obvious MIDI, keep it REAL! Vocal and instrumental demo presentation must be top-notch!

Short and sweet but a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment