Saturday, January 3, 2015

DAY - 336

Happy 2015!  I hope you had a fantastic holiday and a very happy New Year!  I had a great break... trip to LA, family visiting us in Nashville, time spent with friends, and a lot of much needed R&R.     After having a nice long break, I'm gearing up to hit the ground running, full steam on Monday!  Back to school in the morning and an evening writing session with Jason Eustice and Tammy Jacobs.

As you may have noticed, I haven't posted in a while.  The majority of music industry folks in Nashville take the holidays off.  I sent a few emails the week of Christmas and New Year's but mainly received automated-response messages.

The one thing I can report on is the LA writing session with hit songwriter, Michael Jay and my co-writer, Bill Gue.  Not be over-enthusiatic, but we knocked it out of the park!!  Michael really dug the first idea we brought to the table so we rolled with it and finished the whole in in under 3 hours.  It's a really cool pop song that has elements of Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, Magic!.  Can't divulge to much info, but we already have an inside track on a pitch and we're are definitely swinging for the fences on this one.   Hopefully more to come on this!

Stay tuned for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment