Thursday, January 8, 2015

DAY - 340

Too cold to go to school!??  Wow!  Just one of the perks of being teaching in the South. :)  Today,  the temperature is in the teens but the wind chill has us down around 4 degrees.  Yeah, it's cold.  And, of course, I've heard of canceling school due to snow, but, I never heard of canceling school because it's too cold.  I'll take it though! A paid day off is a paid day off.  :)

Fantastic timing too because there are so many little odds and ends I needed to do.  Today is the perfect day to get everything checked off the list.  Besides working on a track for a new song, I decided to pitch a country duo called, American Young.  They're signed to Curb Records and they had a single out last year called, "Love Is War".  It's a beautiful song.  Country meets the Civil Wars is how I would describe it.  Today, I decided to pitch their manager at Caption Management as well as their A&R at Curb.

I've also been working on getting organized.  For example,  filing all my songs, lyrics, and ideas into easy to find folders, coming up with pitch strategies for songs that I've written and artists I think they would be good for, scheduling writes and sending emails out about booking writer's nights.

It's almost 2pm central time so I'm going to get back to this track before I have to head out to teach at School of Rock.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment