Wednesday, January 28, 2015

DAY - 352+353

So you have a publishing deal...what are you doing now??  Great question!  The answer?  A lot of the same thing!  But more.  I'm scheduling writing sessions like crazy and my calendar is booking into March now.  Something new that I have in the works is that I'm beefing up my home studio.  One of the advantages I hold as a writer is that I'm pretty good at making tracks.   Not winning any awards here,  but I can definitely create a decent sounding production.  It's time to utilize those skills a little more.  I want to make sure I put all my songs, even the rough versions, in the best light they can be. So, I'm buying some new gear and updating a bunch of plug-ins.  Fresh sounds, higher quality interface, etc. Out with the old, in with the new!

Speaking of creating tracks, that's what I've been up to the past few nights.  I've been working on a song that I wrote with Jesse Walker and another song I wrote with Jesse and Alyssa Bagley.

Monday, I had a great writing session with Suzie Brown.  We started another cool idea.  This one is harder to write, but definitely worth the effort if we nail it!

This morning, I sent a rough version of the song I wrote with Bill Gue and hit writer, Michael Jay to Jason Garner to produce the full out demo! Can't wait to get this one done and start pitching.  We've got some cool ideas as well as the inside track on a particular artist.  Fingers crossed.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment