Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DAY - 347

Hope you enjoyed the 3-day weekend!  If you didn't have off for MLK Day I don't mean to rub it in your face.  I know a lot of people still went into work.  We had a beautiful weekend in Nashville.  The sun was shining and the temperature was between 50-60 degrees.  Thank God for the break from the grey!  I never realized, but Nashville is known for periods of gloomy, grey during the winter. If your mood is affected by the weather, like mine, it can be a little depressing at times.  However...it looks like another blue skies, sunny and 60 ahead, so I'll soak it in before the cold comes back.

Speaking of having off yesterday,  I had off from school but I took advantage of the day to do some writing.  I had a great session at Liz Rose Music on Music Row.  I wrote another one with the wonderfully talented, Jesse Walker and a new co-writer by the name of Alyssa Bagley.  Alyssa is a young country artist with a fantastic voice!  She's in the process of writing and recording songs for a debut album.  She has a killer team of people championing her career, including Liz Rose herself, among others!  Just a side note, if you're unfamiliar with, Liz Rose, she basically co-wrote every song on Taylor Swift's first album!!  A very talented person to have on your team, to say the least! Anyway, yesterday's co-write was great.  I brought in a vocal melody and piano riff that ended up a fully finished song in less than 3 hours.  It's an uplifting, uptempo country song about moving on strong after a bad break-up.  Very cool!

Tonight, I have a session with a new co-writer by the name of Chris Yurchuck.  Looking forward to it!

Stay tuned this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment