Friday, January 23, 2015

DAY - 350

I am proud to announce that I have signed my first exclusive publishing deal!  As of last night, I am an official staff-writer for Demolition Music Publishing!!  Demolition is located in the heart of music row and consists of an incredibly talented team of writers and industry professionals.   I can't express how excited I am to see this dream come true.

What does it mean to have a publishing deal?  In layman's terms, it means I now have a team of industry pros pitching my music to famous artists and setting me up on co-writes, I have keys to an office on music row to write, I have a company that will financially back the music I write, and finally, I am no longer considered "unsolicited".   This is a goal and a step that many, many, songwriters do not reach.  I am both honored, and ecstatic to have this opportunity. Not to mention, extremely blessed.

How did it happen?!  If you've been following the blog, you obviously have seen how much has gone into it before reaching this goal.  However, out of ALL the networking I've done over the past 3 years, I can pinpoint it to two specific days.

Below are my actual posts from those days...

January 13th, 2012 - DAY - 131  (Making it 365 Chapter 1)


...From there it was off to ASCAP Nashville.  (This is where a little magic happened)  Just so happens, possibly because of chance of snow, that no one showed up to song pitch session except for me and Sue.  So we literally had an hour, one-on-one meeting with top Nashville publisher Shane Barrett!!  I got to play him 3 songs (20/20, Cupcakes & Wine, All I Need Is A Memory) and we chatted about my goals and aspirations as a songwriter/artist.  He really dug everything I showed him, gave me his card and said 'let's keep in touch I look forward to hearing more from you'!  This was a HUGE day.  I will be following up to say the least :)

Well, I did indeed follow up and Shane began hooking me with writers.  One of which was Jon D'Agostino...

August 21st, 2013 - DAY - 15 (Making it 365 Chapter 2)

Yesterday afternoon, I grabbed lunch at Edgehill Cafe on Music Row with NY born songwriter, Jon D'Agostino.  Jon and I met for the first time after being introduced by Nashville publisher/plugger Shane Barrett.  Two yankee songwriters in a southern cafe... we hit it off immediately.  I feel like Jon could totally be a member of my big Italian family.  Not only is Jon a successful lawyer in NJ,  but he's kicking butt here on Music Row as well!  Making the rest of us look bad!  I'll actually be meeting with Jon again on Thursday afternoon at producer, Jason Garner's studio.  Small world...I've been playing phone tag with Jason regarding new demo work.  Jon happens to already have a working relationship with him and just this morning invited me to their studio session this Thursday!  I love when little things come together so nicely.  

Who knew that Jon would be the future president of his own publishing company?! AND...that he would be the first publisher to sign me!  After reading these posts myself, it's almost as if I knew there were magic in those moments.  I even said it in the first post!

I have reached the top of a mountain.  The only thing left to do...is climb the next mountain.  In a strange way, the journey has just begun.   Now let's write a hit!!

Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment