Wednesday, January 21, 2015

DAY - 348

This waking up before the sun is for the birds.  Lol!  I'm half kidding.  It's great to get an early start but I'm dragging today.  Last night's co-write with Chris Yurchuck was fantastic!  I was so amped for the rest of night that it was hard to sleep.  I had the song we wrote waking me up.  Love it/hate it when that happens.  Love it because I know it's a good one, but hate it because I need my sleep!

This morning, I reached out to a major producer who owns his own publishing company.  (must remain nameless for now) I emailed him with the intention of trying to set up some future co-writes with the company's writers.  The more I write with different folks the more I find I work REALLY well with strong lyricists.  In Nashville, it's actually a good thing to pinpoint and define your strengths so that publishers know what YOU bring to the table as well as who they can pair you up with.  I'm an all around utility player/collaborator, but my strong suit is definitely melody, music and arrangement.  So, naturally I work well with strong lyricists.

Hope you have a great Wednesday.  Big news to come soon.  Maybe even this week. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment