Monday, February 3, 2014

DAY - 121

Today, I emailed Patrick Clifford, VP of Music Publishing and A&R at Disney Music Publishing in Nashville.  Over the past 6 months, I have reached out to Patrick twice trying to garner some Disney interest in a song I wrote with J Fred Knobloch called, "Heart On A String".   Needless to say, I haven't heard back.

Today, I reached out for a different reason.  I re-introduced myself and sent a link to my latest song demo, "IM4U".  After speaking with co-writer, Bill Gue we both agreed it would be a great pitch for a younger, Disney artist in the vein of Demi Lovato.  Not expecting anything, but I figured it's was worth another shot.

This afternoon, I also scouted out some new TV/Film licensing opportunities.  For the past 2 years, I've been swinging for the fences, trying to hit that hit song home run.  I've neglected the TV/Film market for too long.  That's not to say I'm done with swinging big.  I'm just saying, it's time to get some more players on the bases.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment