Thursday, February 6, 2014

DAY - 123+124

It's shaping up to be another productive week!   I had a great session with new co-writer, Vince Constantino on Tuesday night and last night I put the finishing touches on the new song I'm writing with Jon D'Agostino and Jim Huff.  It's looking like we're set to demo on Feb. 13th.  I'm excited about this one!  Can't wait for you to hear it.  This weekend my Philadelphia friend and co-writer, Matt Santry will be in town.  He's passing through on an east coast tour and we'll be writing and possibly performing together on Saturday night.

Down to biz...

Yesterday, I reached out to Seth England from Big Loud Shirt and today I emailed the production team of Rich Redmond, Kurt Allison, Tully Kennedy and David Fanning, aka "New Voice Entertainment".  Both teams are doing fantastic things here in Music City.  Big Loud Shirt is home to some of the most successful songwriters/artists in the business. i.e. Craig Wiseman, Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, not to mention Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley from FGL.  And that's just to name a few!  New Voice is an a-list team of pro musicians/producers that work with Jason Aldean and Thompson Square among others.

In a city where talent is running rampant, it's both energizing and daunting. This blogging adventure helps remind me that, besides working hard at my own craft,  the goal is building meaningful relationships.  Music IS a team sport.   To amend the old cliche, "It's not what you know, it's who you know."  I believe it is "what you know" and it is "who you know" but more importantly, it is how you use that knowledge to grow, build and blossom.  

Ok, I'm getting off the soapbox.  Time to practice what I preach.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment