Friday, February 28, 2014

DAY - 138+139+140

Went from doubling up to tripling up on posts.  That's how busy this week has been.  I know I've said TGIF before but today I really mean it.  I can't even believe it's Friday.  I swear Monday was yesterday!!  I'm absolutely exhausted.  It's a good type of exhausted feeling though because I know this week has been productive.  I wrote 4 songs, finished a demo, met a handful of amazing new people, added 6 new students to my private teaching schedule, and performed in a showcase for Pro Music Academy last night.  Not to mention, substitute taught 3 days.  

I just want to make it clear that in no way am I posting this to say "Hey!  Look how busy I am!"  The reason I'm talking about it is 1) I need to vent and I'm wearing out my wife's ears. 2) As part of this blog, I feel like it's necessary to show what someone actually goes through in pursuit of a career in music.  I wish I could say it's all glamorous.  Writing and recording sessions every day, shows at night, parties, networking, etc.  Yeah sure, that's part of it, but what most people don't see/know is how most of us musicians, songwriters, and artists survive.  Before the BIG bucks start rolling in, you gotta learn to wear many hats.  Today, I wore the hat of "Library Assistant" while subbing at local High School.  Sound glamorous?  Totally rock and roll right!?

Here's a brief laundry list of the last few days...

1) Wednesday:  Finished a demo at Jason Garner Productions and started a killer song with Jon D'Agostino and new co-writer, Abigail Nyman.

2) Thursday: Wrote with British artist/songwriter Jen Armstrong for the first time.  Awesome session!  We finished a kick ass new pop song in about 3 hours.  Just spilled out on the page.  Played at Hard Rock Cafe Downtown for the Pro Music Academy Showcase

3) Friday:  Sent some emails out following up with co-writers.  Just heard from Bill Gue that "IM4U" is getting some serious attention from a few labels.  Fingers crossed!!

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment