Thursday, February 20, 2014

DAY - 132 + 133

Ahhhh crazy frustrating morning!  I ran around to three different DMV's attempting to get my TN Driver's license, registration and order new plates.  What a fiasco!  At the first location, the line was out the door and around the corner.  Before arriving at the second location, I drove around for 30min trying to find parking.  When I finally parked, walkd 5 blocks, and found the entrance,  there was hardly anyone there...wooo hooo!  I filled out my application and strolled up to the counter.  Oh wait, they don't do change of state driver's licenses.  Grrrr!  I googled a 3rd location, drove there, signed in and found out the wait would be another hour and a half.  No thank you.  I have a writing session today at 12:30pm and there's no way I'd make it in time.  After a waste of 4 hours,  I realize I'm going to have to battle with the DMV another day.

Apologies for the venting.

Down to business...

Yesterday, I reached out to Travis Carter at Tom Leis Music Publishing/Love Monkey Music.  Travis is the creative director.  I emailed him a few months back but I decided to reach out again to follow up. I also had a writing session with J Fred Knobloch.  We finished a KILLER new song!   I might be bias, but it's a pop/country smash waiting to happen.  ;)  Can't wait to demo it and start pitching!

Today, I have a writing session with the very talented, Scot Sax.  Scot is a super creative and inspiring hit songwriter.   (If you haven't heard his music check him out here!) We wrote a few songs together last year.  I'm looking forward to getting together and starting something new!

To close out the week, tomorrow, I have a follow up session with Molly Hunt. (refer to last week)  Molly and I started an infectious pop song last Thursday.  Gonna knock it out of the park tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment