Monday, February 10, 2014

DAY - 126

Monday is here much too quickly and it's back to the grind.  Today, I gave it another shot and reached out to Joey Moi.  Joey is producing Florida-Georgia Line's follow up record.  I've been making an effort to get "Here We Go Again" into the mix for the project.  Well,  today I got through!  However, it wasn't what I wanted to hear.  It was a "pass".  Ahhh...the familiar sting of rejection.  I have to say, it hurts a lot less than it used to.  I can't remember where I heard it, but this pretty common expression comes to mind,  "You're going to hear at least 100 'NO's' for every 'YES'.   That's what this blog is helping me do daily...plow through the "No's" and get to those "Yes's"!  Here's another blog post you might enjoy that talks about this same concept AND offers some cool advice.

http://www.lifeasanartistpreneur.com/2011/12/coffee-cup-chats-100-nos.html

And here's a little snippet:

Here's what you do...
You take a piece of paper and a pen (or multi colored markers if you're feeling snazzy), and you write the word NO one hundred times all over the paper. Then you take the paper and you hang it up by your desk. Each time you get a "NO" from someone you excitedly cross one of the 100 no's off your sheet. The idea is, that if you can put yourself out there enough to get 100 people to say NO to you, you'll get some pretty incredible YES-es as well. So as you start to cross of the  NO's, you get closer and closer to your big YES moment. I didn't have to cross out all 100 before I started getting some great YES moments myself. Just the act of turning a rejection into an exciting milestone makes you more prone to trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment