Wednesday, September 3, 2014

DAY - 259-261

Hope you had a fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend!  My weekend wasn't very relaxing but it was a blast!  Sue and I went to a friend's wedding in the Outer Banks. (Duck, NC)  Everything about the weekend was perfect.  The weather, the venue, the food, the friends, etc. How much fun was it?  Let me sum it up by saying, by the end of the party half the guests ended up in the pool...fully clothed! Including myself. :)  Now that was a party.  Congrats Adam and Amber!!

Also, a big congrats to co-writer, Liv Devine and her husband Chris Dunn who we're also married this weekend!

Been working hard the past few days pitching and following up with contacts...here's some highlights.

Connected with Natalie Harker from Liz Rose Music and we're setting up a meeting for this month! Natalie is a super-talented creative director with a great ear for hit songs.  I'm totally pumped to meet with her again and show her the new stuff I've been working on.

I pitched new country artist Michael Ray.  I pitched him "My Happy Hour".  Heard back from Warner Brothers letting me know they are done looking for his project.

This morning, I pitched the Band Perry's team.  I pitched both their management at Red Light as well as their producer.  I sent something totally outside-the-box production-wise but I just have a hunch that if it gets to the band...they'll dig it.  I wrote the song with grammy-winner, Scot Sax and it's called "I'm Not Practice".   Wait...just got email...as I'm typing this post, I actually just heard back from their management.  He said he's going to "pass it along."  Sweeettt!  I don't know to whom, but that's awesome!  Fingers crossed it gets in to the right hands!

Alright gotta run, get my free ice coffee refill, and head to school to educate the future of America.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment