Monday, September 22, 2014

DAY - 272-274

Apologies for the delay in posting.  I usually try to get a post in before the weekend, but I got totally consumed with home renovation.  My father-in-law has been in town helping us sand and stain the floors, patch drywall, run new electricity, etc, etc.   Almost ready for the official move-in which has been pushed back to October 9th.  The place is really coming together nicely.  I'll try to post some before and afters soon.  :)

Last week is a blur.   I did a lot of pitching and a lot of following up.

I also had the BIGGEST meeting of my career as a writer so far.  Last week, I met with director of A&R at Warner Music, Rebekah Gordon.  The experience was surreal.

I drive up and down Music Row, every other day, wondering what the insides of these big major labels look like and when or if I'll get the opportunity to be invited in the doors.  Well, the opportunity came.  And I am confident in saying, I was ready.  The meeting went fantastic.  Rebekah, besides being a super talented A&R rep, is an awesome person.  I played her about 5 or 6 songs and received great response...especially on 3 them that she thought might be a good fit for some of her artists.  Fingers crossed.

Ultimately, even if nothing happens (and odds are, it probably won't) at the end of the meeting, the door was left open...and that's a success all by itself.

I love Nashville.  

No comments:

Post a Comment