Monday, September 15, 2014

DAY - 269

Here we are, Monday morning.  Always comes faster than you want it to.  Right now, I'm at the usual Starbucks enjoying my first pumpkin spice latte of the season.  They started offering them a couple weeks ago, but it just didn't feel right. Too hot outside.  This morning, it's 62 degrees in Nashville,  my car windows were fogged when I left the house and there is a faint smell of burning firewood in the air.  Perfect.  If you've been reading this blog for the past couple years, you know that Fall is my favorite season.  I love anything and everything pumpkin.  Next on my list, a good pumpkin beer.  Let me know if you've heard of any new ones!

The new house is awesome!  Sue and I have been hard at work ripping up carpets, tearing down walls, and doing misc. demolition.  On Saturday, we took our first trip to the dump and yesterday, we painted the entire inside.  Official move-in date is October 9th.  We're hoping to have a big portion of the reno done before we move.

Back to biz...

I just got done pitching "Break" to Cassadee Pope's team.  If you haven't heard of Cassadee Pope, she won The Voice a few seasons back and has had two big hits on country radio since her win.  When J Fred Knobloch and I wrote, "Break" the first person I heard it for was Cassadee Pope.  Hoping to get through on this one.  I pitched her producer as well as her A&R team at Big Machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment