Friday, September 5, 2014

DAY - 262+263

VERY cool couple of days!

Right after I posted my last post, before leaving Starbucks, I check my email one more time.  There was another email from Red Light Management letting me know they forwarded "I'm Not Practice" directly to The Band Perry!!  (refer to days 259-261)  Crazy stuff!  It is definitely an out-of-the-box pitch so I'm glad they dug it enough to send to the band.  I haven't heard anything since Wednesday but still, fingers crossed and prayers being said.

I heard back from the director of A&R at Warner Music Nashville.  A&R is in charge of scouting and signing major label acts.  A&R is also responsible (in most cases) for listening for hit songs to send to their roster of artists.  Today, I'm feeling very blessed and totally pumped that a BIG door has opened.  Warner Music has invited me in for a meeting to play them songs!!   Warner artists include, Blake Shelton, Hunter Hayes, Faith Hill, Sheryl Crow, Gloriana, and many more huge name acts.  I can't wait to get in there, shake some hands, play some songs, and hopefully be invited back.  ;)

Pitching news...

Yesterday, J Fred Knobloch and I pitched "Break" to Kellie Pickler's team.  Kellie is looking for an anthemic, soaring chorus, type song so J Fred and I thought it'd be a strong pitch.  J Fred has worked with pretty much everyone on her team at one point or another so I figured it was wise to have him make the pitch.  As always, we shall see.

Stay tuned and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment