Friday, September 12, 2014

DAY - 267+268

Dragging a bit this morning.  I went to Soulshine last night with co-writers, Jon D'Agostino and Adam Searan to check out some writers. (Jon, Adam & I, co-wrote "Young & Stupid, the song Tim Sweeney is cutting for his new album refer to day 257+258)

I wasn't even out that late, but I guess my body has become accustomed to hitting the hay early now.  Ahhh the life of a teacher.  :)  Anyway, it was fun just hanging and catching up.  Jon and Adam had a killer week.  They came in first place for the prestigious, "John Lennon songwriter's competition" for their song "Last".  It's on Adam's new EP he just released.  If you haven't heard Adam Searan, check him out...he's gonna blow up!  www.iamtheband.net    Also, Jon got a cut on Sammy Kershaw's new album.  Pretty awesome stuff! I feel blessed to have become friends with such talented and just awesome people like Jon and Adam.  

Before I went out last night I taught at School of Rock.  One of my students father's happens to be a manager and boutique label owner that reps some pretty cool acts.  I met him for the first time last night and we hit it off.  He gave me his card and asked me to send over some music.  Umm Sweet! Hopefully more to come on that.

Closed out this week by making a pitch to country artist, Josh Thompson.  Josh is looking for uptempo radio songs so I pitched "Happy Hour" and "Rebound" to his A&R and producer.  Fingers crossed and prayers being said...as always. :)

Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment