Sunday, August 3, 2014

DAY - 237-239

This past week I began a new chapter.  For the first time in my life, I have a boss. (Well, technically, a principle)  That's right, I have accepted a position to teach music at a middle school in Nashville, TN.
My program will consist of teaching piano, songwriting/composition, recording arts and chorus to 5th-8th middle schoolers.  I'm feeling anxious, scared, nervous, overwhelmed, excited, and a whole other host of emotions all at once.

Being able to teach these content areas is an amazing opportunity.  It's also a BIG commitment.  Full-time.  For the first time, my schedule is not totally under my control and that freaks me out!  I've been asked on numerous occasions lately, "How are you going to keep up with songwriting???"  My answer... really long hours!  I'm prepared to take on the responsibility of 2 full-time jobs... as well as being a husband, owning a home, and starting a potential future family.  How? You ask.  One day at a time. Lol!   My motivation, drive, time-management, and ability to multi-task will be tested at a whole other level.  I have no doubt that I will rise to the occasion, but not without a struggle.

For Sue and I, this opportunity gives us the means to purchase a home, pay off college debt, and do some things we've been wanting to do for a while.  As scary as it is to enter this new chapter, it is exciting.  Time to take it up another notch.  Wish me luck!!

Back to business...

The end of last week was spent working on new song demos.  Co-writer, Vanessa Branson sang vocals on the song we wrote with Kirk Penney.  I worked on a demo of the song I wrote with Jen Armstrong from the UK.   I also sent some follow emails to a few publishers.

New Music!!  Here's #4 of the 5 new demos I promised.  It's called DIE HAPPY.   It's a fun summer song with a cool storyline and a great beat.  Seems appropriate at the moment. ;)   Written with Jon D'Agostino & James Breedwell.  That's Daniel Mason on the lead vocals and me singing harmonies.  Track by Jason Garner.  


No comments:

Post a Comment