Friday, August 22, 2014

DAY - 252-254

It's about 7am Friday morning and I'm sitting in my local Starbucks sucking down the usual americano and starting to wake up.  I've been here since 6:30am and don't have to be at school until 8:30am.  This gives  me a nice 1-2hour window to get some work done and post.

It's been a pretty cool week.  Some highlights...

 At School Of Rock, I started teaching a new student.  Her dad joined us for her trial lesson.  During the lesson, we got to talking and he said he was "a songwriter, producer, you know, you gotta be a little bit of everything in this town" very nonchalant.  After the lesson, I come to find out he's one of the biggest producers in Nashville!! Currently working on 2 or 3 HUGE new records.  That was definitely an "only in Nashville" moment.

Yesterday, I pitched Casey James a song for his upcoming project.  Casey is a super talented singer/ country artist that gained fame from being a finalist on season 9 of American Idol.  He was signed immediately to Columbia records.  Casey has a powerful voice and a great presence.  Long story short, he got back to me personally, right away, letting me know he listened to the song and thanked me for sending.  However, it wasn't his style.  Actually, a pretty cool tid bit of info...Casey does not sing songs that have drinking or alcohol references.  The song I sent, the first verse was set in a bar.  Anyway, I responded letting him know I dig that choice and that I opened for him a few years ago with Co-writer, Liv Devine. We've begun corresponding. Hoping to keep in touch!

Also, check out the new music video from rising country singer, Liv Devine. "Cupcakes &Wine" BIG thanks to Liv and the band for choosing the song we wrote for their next single!!


The pitching machine continues...

Yesterday, I pitched Jana Kramer "Break".  I pitched her A&R team.  This morning, so far, I pitched Rodney Aktins' producer for his new project.  He's looking for songs that say something cool about going through life so I pitched " Die Happy".  

Fingers crossed!  Another power-packed week in music city is coming to a close and I'm ready for the weekend.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment