Wednesday, August 27, 2014

DAY - 255+256

Staying positive.  Easier said than done sometimes.  I'm not adjusting to daily grind (day job) as well and as fast as I had hoped.  Maybe I've been a free bird for too long.  Maybe I'm selfish.  Maybe I don't like being responsible for anything extra...outside myself and my family.  Maybe I don't like having to answer to someone else.  Maybe I hate not being in control of my own time.  Maybe it's all of the above and more.  Probably is.  I don't mean to make this a venting session or a sounding board, but I'm sure many of you reading this can relate.  And I'm sure many of you can't relate.  You can say, "Get over it!"  "That's life...and it only gets harder!"  And you'd be right.  But, for me, these feelings are brand new.  So "Stay positive" is my focus.  My plan? Push harder, work longer, get up earlier, go to bed later.  But, how do you balance family?   How do you do what you HAVE to do and do what you really WANT to do all in one day when there isn't enough time?   I guess we're all figuring that one out.

Back to business...

Two great writing sessions back to back.  Monday, I wrote with Scot and Suzie Sax and last night I wrote with Matt Santry.

Scot, Suzie and I strummed out another really cool song.  Btw, I have to post the last one we wrote.  It's beautiful and Scot's plugger really loves the song!  Coming this week.

Matt Santry and I are putting the finishing touches on a song he is about to release.  The music is already recorded, we're just tweaking the lyrics before Matt hits the studio to sing.

Yesterday, I pitched "Pretty Little Liars" star Lucy Hale.  She is a burgeoning country artist looking for songs for an album.  I pitched her team, "Break" and "Happily Ever Over".  You can listen to those songs at www.mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com

Alright, I've got about an hour before school begins.  Time to pitch some more music!

No comments:

Post a Comment