Friday, August 15, 2014

DAY - 249

TGIF!!!!   I know I've said it before, but I've honestly never exclaimed it with such enthusiasm. Classroom teaching is hard work.  If people actually knew how much work it was before getting into it we would have a lot less teachers.  Because...it's not just teaching.  It's piles of paperwork, it's learning 10 different computer systems, it's memorizing policies and procedures, grading, it's having your air conditioner break in 95 degree heat and waiting a month for it to be fixed,  it's dealing with 7th grade middle school girl drama. :)  And I'm sure I missed a lot.  My point is that "Teaching" is literally only 50% of the gig.

Alright, got that off my chest now we can move forward... back to business.

School starts at 8:40am.  The plan, now, is to wake up extra early every week day and do my networking. Wether it's pitching songs, booking weekly writing sessions, or trying to schedule publisher meetings, I will attempt to stay disciplined and do all of this in the wee hours of the morning.

Today, I pitched Randy Houser's team.  I reached out to his producer as well as his manager.  The song I chose to pitch was Brand New Love Song

After that, I pitched new female artist, Lindsay Ell.  I reached out Lindsay Ell's production team, New Voice Entertainment.  I chose to pitch her 2 songs.  Break and Happily Ever Over.

That's it for today.  Hope you have an amazing weekend! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment