Monday, December 2, 2013

DAY - 84

I hope you had a fantastic holiday weekend.  I relaxed, ate, drank, and spent, a little too much...but I guess that's what Thanksgiving is all about...right?  Time to get back to the gym and back to work!

I played the world famous Bluebird Cafe last night.  It was a blast!  I got there around 7:30pm and the line at the door was already down the street. It's unbelievable what the show, "Nashville" has done for the Bluebird.  It's always been a famous spot since Garth Brooks set foot on stage in 1987 and was discovered that night.  Now, with the popularity of the TV show, nightly attendance at The Bluebird is of the charts!  Last night was no different.  It was fantastic playing to packed house of folks from all over the world.  I'm not kidding...USA, Canada, Holland, Ireland, and Australia were all in the house last night!!  Crazy.

Today I had a short Skype writing session with long-time friend, bandmate and co-writer, Eric Schwank.  Eric had a great idea that we started laying the groundwork to this afternoon.  It has the makings of a really strong country rock ballad.  Now all we have to do is NOT screw it up.  Lol...easier said than done.

Before the session today I reached out to the Creative Director of Magic Mustang publishing, Juli Newton-Griffith.  I've been hearing some great things about Magic Mustang and their writers. (Jason Aldean and Thompson Square happen to be Magic Mustang writers) I tried reaching out to the other creative director Keithan Melton in the summer but never heard back so I figured I'd try to make another contact.  We shall see.

More to come this week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment