Thursday, December 19, 2013

DAY - 95+96

GRADUATED!  Wooo hooo...finally!  I have officially completed my 3 year journey back to music school and I'm proudly standing in the metaphoric light at the end of the tunnel.  It's bright, it's warm and it feels so good.  I thought going back to school would be a difficult...it was.  However, absolutely worth it for me.  Following in the footsteps of a family of professional musicians, I feel ready as ever to make my mark on the musical world.  Wish me luck :)

Yesterday, I reached out to hit songwriter and head of the songwriting department of Belmont University, James Elliott.  As both a hit songwriter and a distinguished professor I felt compelled to reach out to James and introduce myself.

Today, I emailed mega Nashville producer, Dan Huff in regards to the Band Perry's new project.  I pitched a song that is totally out-of-the-box.  The song is one I wrote with Grammy winning songwriter, Scot Sax.  The demo we did is totally retro rock/pop.  However, at the Steve Bloch Speedpitch session last week, one of the publishers loved it and said it could make a totally fresh country/pop song for a female singer w/ attitude.  I decided to give it a whirl.  You can check out the song HERE

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment